Yoga is like Sanjeevani to keep both bodies and mind healthy and fit. Regular practice of yoga not only keeps the body healthy, but its practice also gives mental peace. This is the reason that today Yoga is being promoted very fast all over the world. If you are concerned about your health due to the modern lifestyle and unbalanced diet, then you must practice yoga regularly. Yoga is practised in different ways but they all have only one purpose to keep the body and mind calm and fit. Pranayama is also a mode of yoga in which we exercise our breath. Pranayama is one of the 5 modes of yoga. Pranayama is considered the science of breath control. In the Corona period, people were doing many things to make their lungs strong. If you also want to keep your body healthy and disease-free by strengthening your lungs, then Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama will be very beneficial for you.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn Yoga Teacher Training India.
Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama –
Pranayama is the practice of inhaling, exhaling, and holding your breath properly. By regular practice of Pranayama, we are able to balance our breath. The lungs get a lot of benefits from their regular practice. Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama is part of hatha yoga in which we practice breathing in and out. Let us tell you that there are three major steps of pranayama, first puraka in which we draw the breath inwards, second lack in which the practice of holding the breath is done and third is the kumbhaka in which the exhalation is practised properly. In Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama, we emphasize exhaling.
How to do Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama –
The full benefits of any yoga asana are available only when practised in the right way. If you know the right way to do Pranayama then there will be no difficulty in practising Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama. The correct way to practice Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama is as follows.
- First of all sit in Padmasana posture.
- Now take out the whole breath from the lungs.
- Press your belly part inwards from the navel.
- Now take a deep breath and hold it in your lungs, after stopping the breath, apply Jalandhara Bandha i.e. on the chin while moving your neck downwards.
- Now stay in this position for as long as you can.
- Now to release the breath, come back from the position of Jalandhara Bandha to the normal posture.
- Now slowly release your breath outwards.
- Do this exercise about 5 times.
Benefits of Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama-
Regular practice of Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama strengthens your lungs and improves your mental health as well. Its practice is of great importance for mental and physical balance in hatha yoga. If you practice Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama regularly then you will get these benefits.
- Regular practice of Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama strengthens the lungs.
- It is also beneficial in breathing problems and lack of oxygen in the body.
- Its regular practice works to increase your physical strength.
- The chest is widened and strengthened.
- Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama increases immunity.
- If it is practiced in the right way, the blood pressure in the body is balanced.
Regular practice of Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama keeps both bodies and mind healthy. Abhyantara Kumbhaka Pranayama should be practised properly and should not be practised by persons suffering from problems like high blood pressure, asthma. If you are new to the practice of yoga, then in the beginning you should not practice Kumbhak first. Kumbhak should be practised only after properly practising puraka and laxatives. In the beginning, practice it under the supervision of an expert.